This is a full, comprehensive “blended” course that can also be taken in a classroom at a “Training Provider” near you. If you have already successfully completed the online portion of this course and require a skills assessment, click “Training Provider” to find one near you. If you would like to self-assess or become an Assessor click “Become an Assessor”
This course follows the guidelines and standards referenced in the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code Part 23 Section 347 and pays particular attention to the principles established by the Canadian Standards Association (CAN3- B354.4 & B354.2), American National Standards Institute (ANSI A92.5-2006 & A92.6-1999), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (CFR1926.453) and recommendations by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
• The course provides the minimum requirements for the training of operators for Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs).
• Due to the different design of equipment classified as Mobile Elevating Work Platforms, certain statements in this program may not apply.
• The course is intended to supplement a company’s larger Health & Safety Management System.
- Related Legislation
- Emergency Actions
- Competency Requirements
- Job Planning and Hazard Assessments
- Safe Operating Procedures
- Prevention of Injuries
- Maintaining Equipment
- Workplace Requirements
- Maintaining Equipment Stability
- Material Handling and Attachments
In-Class Training – Full Day
Online – 1.5 Hours (approximately)
The quizzes at the end of each chapter are intended and designed to strengthen your understanding of its contents. A passing mark of 80% is required and you have two retries of each quiz to achieve this. Upon successful completion of this course, a unique digital certificate will be available to download and print.