Saga Training proudly hosts this course for Western Canada Fire & First Aid
If you have a vailid Standard First Aid Certificate and just need to re-certify, this course will help you save time and money.
This full, comprehensive course is taken via Zoom Meeting.
Please note: You MUST have a webcam of some type to participate
Please remember to have your expiring Stand First Aid certificate available to view at the Zoom meeting.
How to Register
Two steps to register:
Step One – Click “Take this Course” and follow the shopping cart to checkout
Step Two – Click here to register for the ZOOM meeting
First aid training is focused on basic life support skills and includes AED and Level C (Adult, Child & Infant) CPR training. Western Canada Fire & First Aid’s Standard First Aid Re-Certification course follows the new CSA standards and the “Alberta Plus” standards.
- Principles of Workplace First Aid – Role and Responsibilities of Workplace First Aider, Administration of Medication, Workplace First Aid Kit and Equipment, Principles of Effective Communication, Workplace First Aider Safety and Personal Protection, Occupational Health and Safety
- Management of Injured / Ill Workers – Scene Management, Primary Survey, Secondary Survey, Ongoing Assessments
- Airway Management – Basic Airway Management
- Breathing Management – Respiratory System, Management of Respiratory Emergencies
- Circulation Management – Circulatory System, Management of Cardiovascular Emergencies, Nervous System, Management of Shock, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Injury Management – Internal and External Hemorrhage, Ears, Eyes and Nose Injuries, Burn Management, Management of Musculoskeletal System Injuries
- Medical Emergencies – Poison Management, Anaphylaxis, Diabetic Emergencies, Seizures, Stroke, Mental Health Emergencies, Environmental Injury and Illness
- Transportation Management – Transportation, Multiple Injured/ Ill Worker Incidents and Transportation
- Spinal and Neurological Emergencies Management – Spinal and Neurological Emergencies
Online Web Meeting – One days (approximately 8 hours)
What you need: A webcam is a MUST
|One pair of Nitrile or latex examination gloves||Thin gloves of some kind||Any kind of gloves|
|A full size manikin (A pair of pants and shirt stuffed with other laundry)||A pair of pants and shirt stuffed with laundry or pillows.||An action figure or “Barbie” Doll.|
|1 Epi-Pen trainer||A large felt marker||A pen|
|4 rolls of roller gauze or tensor bandage||4 Tensor bandages||4 strips of material of some kind at least 2’ long|
|4 5cm X 5cm (2”X2”) non-sterile gauze pads.||4 5cm X 5cm (2”X2”) pieces of cloth||4 pieces Tissue or toilet paper|
|1 40cm (15”) board splint||A 40cm (15”) piece of wood or heavy cardboard||1 30 cm (1’) ruler|
|1 120cm (48”) board splint||A 120cm (48”) piece of wood or heavy cardboard||1 100 cm (3’) ruler|
|Infant manikin||Infant sized stuffed animal||An action figure or “Barbie” Doll.|
Upon successful completion of this course (with a passing mark of 70%) and the skills assessment, a unique certificate, valid for three years, will be provided.