This full, comprehensive course can be taken online or in a classroom at a “Training Provider” near you.
This course follows the guidelines, principles and recommendations established by the British Columbia Occupational Health and Safety Code. Throughout this digital manual the various sections of the British Columbia Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Act, Regulation and Code (Current as of January 1, 2019) pertaining to fall protection are referenced as background to each chapter and as supplemental information for the various subjects covered in this course.
The objective of this course is to allow the participant to understand the concepts, procedures and tools that are necessary for working at heights. Topics covered in this course include:
- Overview of portions of the British Columbia Occupational Health & Safety Act and Code
- Review of portions of the British Columbia Occupational Health & Safety Act, Legislation and Code as it pertains to fall protection
- Fall protection situational awareness
- Special hazards
- Inspection and maintenance
- Special situations
- Potential injuries due to falls
- Emergency preparedness and response
This training course is intended to supplement employer training programs. Students should not assume this material alone constitutes complete training.
In-Class Training – Full Day
Online – 3.5 hours (approximately)
The quizzes at the end of each chapter are intended and designed to strengthen your understanding of its contents. A passing mark of 80% is required and you have two retries of each quiz to achieve this. Upon successful completion of this course, a unique digital certificate, valid for three years, will be available to download and print.