This full, comprehensive course can be taken online or in a classroom. If you prefer classroom training OR have already successfully completed the online portion of this course and require a skills assessment, click “Training Provider” to find one near you. If you would like to self-assess or become an Assessor click “Become an Assessor”
• In this course “Mobile Equipment” is interchangeable with “Powered Mobile Equipment (PME)” as used in other jurisdictions.
• This course follows British Columbia’s Workers Compensation Act, and Occupational Health and Safety Regulation.
• The course takes into consideration the guidelines and principals of the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
• The course takes into consideration the Canadian Standards Association (CAN3- B354.7 & B354.8).
• The course provides the minimum requirements for the training of operators for Mobile Equipment and is intended to supplement a company’s larger Health & Safety Management System.
• The student should have an awareness of the various legislation, regulations, and standards that pertain to powered mobile equipment.
• The student should understand the roles and responsibilities of employers and employees as they relate to the operation of PME.
• The student should understand the importance of PME inspections and how to conduct the inspections safely.
• The student should be familiar with safe operating procedures for PME.
• The student should be familiar with different types of PME, their basic structural components, basic function, potential hazards while operating PME and how to control those hazards.
• The student should have a basic understanding of the proper use of PME attachments and potential hazards associated with PME attachments.
• The student should have a basic understanding of the operation of the most common PME: Front End Loader, Skid Steer Loader, Lift Trucks, Variable Reach Lift Truck, Excavator, Motor Grader and Bulldozer.
In-Class Training – Full Day
Online – 1.5 Hours
The quizzes at the end of each chapter are intended and designed to strengthen your understanding of its contents. A passing mark of 80% is required and you have two retries of each quiz to achieve this. Upon successful completion of this course, a unique digital certificate, valid for three years, will be available to download and print.