This is a full, comprehensive “blended” course that can also be taken in a classroom at a “Training Provider” near you. If you prefer classroom training OR have already successfully completed the online portion of this course and require a skills assessment, click “Training Provider” to find one near you.
• The course takes into consideration the guidelines and principals of the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
• The course provides the minimum requirements for the training of skid-steer, Front-end loader, and compact track loader operators.
• This course is intended to supplement a company’s larger Health & Safety Management System.
• The student should have an awareness of the various legislation, regulations, and standards that pertain to loaders.
• The student should be familiar with the roles and responsibilities of employers and employees as they relate to the operation of loaders.
• The student should have an awareness of the importance of loader inspections and how to conduct the inspections safely.
• The student should be familiar with safe operating procedures for loaders.
• The student should be familiar with different types of loaders, their basic structural components, basic function, potential hazards while operating loaders and how to control those hazards.
• The student should have be familiar with the use of loader attachments and potential hazards associated with loader attachments.
• The student should have a basic understanding of the operation of the most common loaders.
In-Class Training – Full Day
Online – 1.5 Hours
The quizzes at the end of each chapter are intended and designed to strengthen your understanding of its contents. A passing mark of 80% is required and you have two retries of each quiz to achieve this. Upon successful completion of this course, a unique digital certificate, valid for three years, will be available to download and print.
Your total time in the course: