This is a full, comprehensive “blended” course that can also be taken in a classroom at a “Training Provider” near you. If you prefer classroom training OR have already successfully completed the online portion of this course and require a skills assessment, click “Training Provider” to find one near you. If you would like to self-assess or become an Assessor click “Become an Assessor”
• This course follows the guidelines and standards referenced in the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations and Code.
The course pays particular attention to the principles established by the Canadian Standards Association (CAN3- B354.4 & B354.2), American National Standards Institute (ANSI A92.5-2006 & A92.6-1999), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (CFR1926.453) and recommendations by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
• The course provides the minimum requirements for fall protection training of MEWP operators and passengers.
- Overview of portions of the Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Act and Code
- Review of portions of the Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Act, Legislation and Code as it pertains to fall protection
- Fall protection situational awareness
- Special hazards
- Inspection and maintenance
- Special situations
- Potential injuries due to falls
- Emergency preparedness and response
This training course is intended to supplement employer training programs. Students should not assume this material alone constitutes complete training.
In-Class Training – half Day
Online – 1.5 hours (approximately)
The quizzes at the end of each chapter are intended and designed to strengthen your understanding of its contents. A passing mark of 80% is required and you have two retries of each quiz to achieve this. Upon successful completion of this course, a unique digital certificate, valid for three years, will be available to download and print.