This is a full, comprehensive “blended” course that can also be taken in a classroom at a “Training Provider” near you. If you prefer classroom training OR have already successfully completed the online portion of this course and require a skills assessment, click “Training Provider” to find one near you. If you would like to self-assess or become an Assessor click “Become an Assessor”
This course follows the guidelines and standards referenced in the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code Part 23 Section 347 and OH&S Code Part 9 – Fall Protection.
The course pays particular attention to the principles established by the Canadian Standards Association (CAN3- B354.4 & B354.2), American National Standards Institute (ANSI A92.5-2006 & A92.6-1999), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (CFR1926.453) and recommendations by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
• The course provides the minimum requirements for the training of operators for Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs).
• Due to the different design of equipment classified as Mobile Elevating Work Platforms, certain statements in this program may not apply.
• The course is intended to supplement a company’s larger Health & Safety Management System.
• The student should understand the relationship between Legislation, Regulations, Standards, Due Diligence, and Best Practices.
• The student should understand the roles and responsibilities of employers and employees and workplace programs as they relate to the operation of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWP).
• The student should understand the importance of MEWP inspections and how to conduct the inspections safely.
• The student should be familiar with the requirements for the safe operation of MEWP’s.
• The student should be familiar with different types of MEWP’s, their basic structural components, basic function, potential hazards while operating MEWP and how to control those hazards.
• The student should have a basic understanding of fall protection for MEWP.
In-Class Training – Full Day
Online – 1.5 Hours (approximately)
The quizzes at the end of each chapter are intended and designed to strengthen your understanding of its contents. A passing mark of 80% is required and you have two retries of each quiz to achieve this. Upon successful completion of this course, a unique digital certificate, valid for three years, will be available to download and print.