This is a full, comprehensive “blended” course that can also be taken in a classroom at a “Training Provider” near you. If you prefer classroom training OR have already successfully completed the online portion of this course and require a skills assessment, click “Training Provider” to find one near you.
• The student should have an awareness of the various legislation, regulations, and standards that pertain to powered mobile equipment.
• The student should understand the roles and responsibilities of employers and employees as they relate to the operation of PME.
• The student should understand the importance of PME inspections and how to conduct the inspections safely.
• The student should be familiar with safe operating procedures for PME.
• The student should be familiar with different types of PME, their basic structural components, basic function, potential hazards while operating PME and how to control those hazards.
• The student should have a basic understanding of the proper use of PME attachments and potential hazards associated with PME attachments.
• The student should have a basic understanding of the operation of the most common PME: Front End Loader, Skid Steer Loader, Lift Trucks, Variable Reach Lift Truck, Excavator, Motor Grader, and Bulldozer.
The quizzes at the end of each chapter are intended and designed to strengthen your understanding of course contents. Successful completion of the chapter quizzes is required, and you have two retries of each quiz to achieve this.
Upon successful completion of this course, a unique digital certificate, valid for three years, will be available to download and print.