This is a full, comprehensive “blended” course that can also be taken in a classroom at a “Training Provider” near you. If you prefer classroom training OR have already successfully completed the online portion of this course and require a skills assessment, click “Training Provider” to find one near you.
• This course follows the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations and Code.
• The course takes into consideration the guidelines and principals of the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
• The course provides the minimum requirements for the training of skid-steer, compact track loader, and multi-terrain loader operators.
• This course is intended to supplement a company’s larger Health & Safety Management System.
• The student should have an awareness of the various legislation, regulations, and standards that pertain to these machines.
• The student should be familiar with the roles and responsibilities of employers and employees as they relate to the operation of these machines.
• The student should have an awareness of the importance of inspections and how to conduct the inspections safely.
• The student should be familiar with general operating procedures for these machines.
• The student should be familiar with different types of these machines, their basic structural components, basic function, potential hazards while operating these machines and how to control those hazards.
• The student should have a basic understanding of the proper use of attachments and potential hazards associated with attachments.
• The student should have a basic understanding of the operation of these machines when equipped with a bucket or forks.
In-Class Training – Full Day
Online – 1.5 Hours
The quizzes at the end of each chapter are intended and designed to strengthen your understanding of its contents. A passing mark of 80% is required and you have two retries of each quiz to achieve this. Upon successful completion of this course, a unique digital certificate, valid for three years, will be available to download and print.